in hollywood the mannequins walk around

Waiting in line at the grocery store the other day.

The glossy covered magazines with their ultrabright lettering calling out to those eagerly waiting to pay for their potatoes and get out of the store. I felt disgusted by the fake teenage celebritites and their fake plastic smiles and their wordbite quotes on the covers. We are bombarded with images of these mannequins every moment we are in a store or watching television.

We have an untalented sister act of a dimwitted one who cannot sing well and ugly one who cannot even lip synch well. Due to the wishes of some parent to become filthy rich we have to hear sounds cats in fights with raccoons make. Yes, they sound that bad. Need an example?
Take My Breath Away, as it was presented originally, sucked.
Take My Breath Away, as it is now, sucks even worse.

Then we have the former Disney star who, depending on how she's photographed, will either look like an idiot or like a young Jenna Jameson. Yes, the Zellers "Stuff" girl. Go to Zellers. Look at the pictures. Do you want your daughter looking like a young Jenna Jameson?

Didn't think so.

And then there's Usher. The man only wrote one song, and then changed the lyrics every time he used the music. So, he brings out an album of, say, 14 songs but they all sound exactly the same.

I can't figure out why Eminem is on the cover of teen magazines. He's not a teen. Last I checked, he was 32 years old. I wouldn't want a teenager following his example. And as far as 50 Cent goes, he's only taught me one important lesson in life:

If you're going to kill a man, don't shoot him in the face nine times. It just doesn't do the job.

The media makes me sick.

Maybe that's why I admire artists who shun the media.

Comments

Popular Posts