Finally, the Rock has come back...

Or, he's coming back. Well, at least in a week and a day.

I got a phone call last week from a woman who I had sent a resume to at the beginning of April. She asked if I was still interested in working for her business as a teacher. I said sure. She asked if I could come in for an interview. So, we met on Saturday afternoon.

Most interviews I've been in, you go for the interview, answer a few questions, ask a couple of questions, and then I end up going home and waiting by the phone or the mailbox to see what happens. This time, by the end of the interview, she liked what she heard and said the job was mine if I wanted it.

Well, as of next Tuesday, the job is mine. It's not teacher pay, but it's better than no pay. Which is what I've been making lately. It's not full time, but it will become full time if they really like what I have to offer.

So, the man is back. And it feels so good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I suppose I, now, believe in omens and terrestial signs... although this sign did take place at 3 a.m. Sunday. While on patrol, after getting soaked on the way to work, I was suprised to find a star filled sky but then I noticed what seemed to be clouds... it wasn't clouds it was the Northern Lights! and what a spectacular show they put on. I had to wait 63 years to see this display and I felt that it might be a foreshadowing of some good news. ( Well, perhaps I'm stretching it a bit )

Popular Posts