Overrated

I had heard the song. I originally thought it was from one of the new U2 songs off their recent album. But it wasn't U2. Their new album has been a bit of a disappointment. Their last few albums, in fact, have been disappointments. Bono has become a spokesman for whatever is going wrong in the world, so I guess his music has to suffer so that people don't have to. Anyway, the song was "Overrated" by Pilate. A band I had heard a little about, but had not heard until I happened to find this song. I must say that I'm impressed. And they're a Toronto band, too.

I must say that I've been more impressed with the Canadian music scene since I came to university. Before that, I was listening to alternative/grunge, industrial and some rap music. The industrial and the alternative stayed with me. I've been able to see The Tea Party, Econoline Crush, and Big Wreck perform live here in North Bay.

Unfortunately, I missed out on Matthew Good every time he's been here. Damn.

I can say that I'd rather have a bad album by one of the above (is that possible?) than any of the music that has come from the American/Canadian Idol create-a-band marketing machine.

But then again, my nails across a blackboard would sound better than that trash.

Comments

I felt stupid when I saw 050305 as the release date. I thought it was March 5, 2005. Then I realized that it was May 3, 2005. Good thing I didn't go to the store and yell at someone for not having it in stock.

Jeez, I can be a duh sometimes.

Popular Posts