and I'll have a chili, hold the finger...

I can't eat Wendy's chili any more. That story just made me ill. Now, if it had been a thumb, maybe, just maybe...

Official Sony PSP Spec(k)s:
So the word is the new Sony PSP, which was supposed to be the biggest thing since sliced bread, has problems with "dead spots" on their screens. Their way of dealing with the problem is to have the customer keep the unit for two or three weeks to see if the problem doesn't bother them any more. So, they ship out defective products, but the customer is supposed to deal with it by ignoring it and seeing if it will go away. Nice.
If it was the Nintendo DS or Gameboy, you'd have people all over the internet and on the news screaming about this problem. In fact, all I ever read from people at EB Games and other outlets over the last week was how the PSP was so much better than any of the GameBoy systems. I'd like to know how an unproven system is better than a system that has dominated everything for the last 15 years.
The TurboExpress was better.
The Game Gear was better.
The Lynx was better.
The WonderSwan was better.
The N-Gage was better.
The Tapwave Zodiac was better.
Now, the PSP is better.
And where have some of those gone....and where will one of them go.

Here's what I can say about video game systems.
If something goes wrong with a Nintendo system...wait, I've never really heard about anything going wrong with a Nintendo system. People complain about them like something has gone wrong, but I haven't met anyone who has had to return a GameCube.
If something goes wrong with the XBox, you might have to pay to get it fixed. That nasty defective cord issue was a problem, but the nice people at Microsoft sent me a brand new one and it works like a charm.
If something goes wrong with a Playstation...it's cheaper to buy another one than to fix the first one. Which is probably why they've sold so many of them. Whether it's a door that doesn't open, or a button that sticks, something always goes wrong.

When the next wave of video game systems come out, here's what's going to happen.

Nintendo will get my money for the Revolution. That's a given. IBM processor, ATI video, WiFi, and backwards compatibility with my GameCube games....and they've given me what I've wanted for years.
Microsoft will probably get my money for Next/360/Xenon. I won't be the first one on the block to get one, but I'll get one eventually. How else am I going to play Half Life 2 without a new computer.
Sony will get everyone elses money, but not mine. I've heard too many complaints about too many problems. They might have a ton of RPG's, but I can get enough of them on the Cube to keep me happy.

Anyone else notice that their was another earthquake in Indonesia following a Christian holiday?

Comments

Re 1: Yeah, but Nintendo didn't claim the dust was a "feature".

2: Nope. Not going online with the current xbox due to cash flow problems up here at the moment. That's the reason for the bandwidth cutback.

3: I think I'm going Mac Mini on the next computer. I know that Doom 3 can be played on the MM, so I'll have to see if HL2 can as well. I've heard it might not.
The bandwidth cutbacks are self imposed. We might be going from the unlimited service ($50.00+ a month) to a lowered service ($20 a month), which will mean lowered bandwidth. Until the school board gives me more days, this is how the present will play out.

Or maybe someone else will hire me.

Popular Posts