from here, you can get a good look at my foot!


I finally got to see Kill Bill vol. 1 and 2 about a week ago. I had been holding off watching the first film because I wanted to see them together. Luckily, before we cut off the digital cable the nice people at the movie network put them on one after the other.
The first film is great. A bit too much of the crimson spray, and some of the language made it a film not for the little ones. Hey, not like I'm going to complain. It's a good film.
The second film, I must say, and you may disagree if you want to, was the better film.
Not because of the story.
Not because of the action.
Not because of the act of killing Bill coming to completion.
No. Not because of any of these things.
It's all because of Pai Mei.
I haven't seen a character who so dominated a scene like he did. I couldn't take my eyes off him, or place my attention anywhere. He could be both serious and funny at the same time. The fighting and training sequences were reminiscent of the Karate Kid, but without Arnold from Happy Days and that whiny kid.
Now I need to get me one of those cool white beards.
And if you're wondering why we cut off the cable...there isn't anything worth paying for on television. Nothing. $70 a month so that I can watch some crap when I'm not watching the children or the wife play GameCube. Well, okay...CSI is on basic cable...so I won't complain.

Tarantino is back, and I hope he brings more of Pai Mei with him.Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular Posts