spring cleaning

I did a bit of spring cleaning on my computer today. No programs were deleted, but a lot of files are now on a compact disc so I can look at them whenever I want and not have to worry about crowding up my 30 gigs of space.

All of the files removed were photographs. Photographs of trains, to be precise.

1038 of them.

Now, if it was 10 or 20, I'd say that's no problem.
100 I could accept as research material for my hobby.
1038 is a sign of obsession.
Especially since I only keep photos of trains I want to model.

And that doesn't include the 3 inch binder full of photographs and data.

Which really makes me sound obsessive.

If I spent 10-12 hours building each model, I'd use up over 12000 hours.
That's 500 days. Non-stop.
And some models would take more time than others.

And the cost...well, about 900 of them were freight cars. I don't really need that many, do I?
Trucks - a good pair will cost about $4.00. That's $3600.00
I won't go into detail parts, styrene, paint, decals...I can't think of that amount of money...
And what will I run all these things on?

I guess I'll have to choose wisely. Or go completely insane after winning the lottery.

Comments

Popular Posts