we're back.....

Blogger went down for a bit today. But it looks like it's back.

Sam Fisher is currently stuck in the sewers of Myanmar. I'm trying to get him through, but for some reason the guards in Splinter Cell are all afraid of the dark and come looking for me when I shoot out the lights. The CIA stage, often referred to as "the stage from Hell" by everyone on the internet, was actually very quick and easy for me. Which brings me to a (kind of) complaint.

If you've seen Resident Evil 4 or Baten Kaitos for the Gamecube, you know that it is possible to get some very good graphics out of that particular machine. In fact, I would go so far as to say you could get very close to XBox graphics with a Gamecube. If this is the case, why does Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory look so much better on the XBox than it does on the Gamecube? They should almost look the same, but there is a huge (and I mean HUGE) difference.

I don't think it's the fault of the hardware. In fact, I'd say it's a bad port.

Which makes me wonder...why would a company release a game that doesn't measure up to the standards they have set with the same game on another system? They can make a PS2 version that doesn't look bad, and the hardware on that machine is nowhere near as good as the Gamecube hardware.

Bah. Time to get Fisher out of the sewers.

Comments

Popular Posts