a night of firsts

Last night, I finally saw two things. One of them, I had been avoiding for many years. The other was something I had only heard of in recent months.

The first was a movie. When I was younger, my father and brother tried to convince me to see this film. I didn't want to. I thought the idea was laughable and used every excuse in the book to not see this film. Last night, something made me want to watch Willow.

And I liked it.

I really liked it.

It's a good movie with decent acting from everyone. It was a fun movie with a lot of good moments. It looked good, and the story kept me interested from beginning to end. But, now on to the bad.

The O'Reilly Factor. Yes, the show on Fox. During the free preview of channels on cable, I've been hearing about this show from time to time. I had a few laughs, mostly because of how the host said one thing and did another. An example from a discussion he was having with a gentleman who works for a St. Louis newspaper:

"I don't call people names on my show."

And about a minute and a half later...

"You're a fraud. You're a fraud. You're a fraud, and I'll prove it tomorrow."

I'm guessing he lacks something that would allow him to prove it at that moment... And the problem is, the gentleman he was talking to wasn't saying anything that could even be taken as fraudulent. Is Bill hearing things other people miss?

So sad is the fact that there are people who listen to this man and take what he says as truth.

But, sadly, all news is biased. Even this blog...

Comments

Popular Posts