$5.00 buys a lot of fun

About a week ago, I walked into the Hock and Save here in North Bay. Looking through the selection of XBox and Gamecube titles, I found two games on one disc for five dollars. Now, even though it was clearly marked "Not for Resale", I really didn't care (and I don't think the store cared, either) and picked up Sega GT 2002 / Jet Set Radio Future for the XBox.

Sega GT 2002 is an okay racing game, but I haven't really put much time into it. JSRF, on the other hand, has been the only game in the box since it came home. It's very much a Grand Theft Auto-lite in its style and subject matter. I'm finding it hard to believe that I'm having this much fun with a game that cost me $5.00 when $50.00 games have been lacking.

I'm going back. Apparently, they have Counterstrike and MechAssault for $5.00 each. Yay!

Speaking of fun, I "discovered" Gnarls Barkley's performance at the MTV movie awards. Not too bad a band (with ex-NIN drummer Chris Vrenna in the Chewbacca costume) and the song is catchy. I hadn't heard of them before this weekend (no cable and North Bay radio is crap), but it's good to hear some decent music without a ton of swearing in it. The video is also cool, looking like animated inkblots. I'm going to have to keep an eye on them.

Watched The Blues Brothers last night. Extended version with bonus footage. Not worth it for the extra scenes, except for the extension of Cab Calloway's Minnie the Moocher and the song by John Lee Hooker outside the Soul Food Diner. Still a great film, but the extended scenes add nothing to the film.

Enter the Dragon was also cool to watch. But it's always cool to watch.

Comments

I spent a good deal of time with Okay Computer during my undergrad. Seemed like it was always on the radio or the television, which was good. Meant less Aerosmith.

Not a bad cd. Thom Yorke's voice can be great at times, annoying at others. Guess it all depends on the song.
When I say "not bad", it usually means it's better than good.

Like when I see a great looking woman or a really nice car, I say "not bad".

And yes, I picked up Counterstrike.

Not bad.

Popular Posts