the dictionary vs. the bank: the epic battle!

The Gage Canadian Dictionary describes a heart attack as a sudden instance of heart disease, especially a coronary thrombosis resulting in the destruction of an area of heart muscle.

My bank, who I refuse to type the name of, describes a heart attack this way:

Your student loan is now in repayment status. For your convenience, we have assigned your *** ***** **** account number *****-******* as the payment charge account. Your first monthly payment will be debited from this account on February 1, 2005.

Now, getting this letter on January 31, 2005 made the date shown above very important. That's tomorrow. And it wasn't long ago that I was informed that my account was placed on interest relief status. That's where I don't have to pay for six months while I look for more permanent work. I know I have to pay the loans back...I knew that when I started borrowing the money. But this school board I work for (if you can actually claim I work for them...) seems to be keeping me out of the classroom for the time being. Jobs in this city are few and far between, and they don't seem to want someone who is educated and could move on to another job.

So, I called the bank. And guess what? My heart can actually start beating again...

My loans ARE on interest relief, and this letter was sent out in error.

Just like my account was shut down in error in November.
And my ATM access rights were shut down in error in December.

And the last line of the letter is worth mentioning...

"We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing *** ***** **** for your student loan."

Yeah...soon as I can pay that loan off, I'm going to ING Direct.

Just because of the cool guy with the European accent.


Comments

Popular Posts