Digg this...Engadget doesn't have a clue...

I'm a model train nut. Anyone who knows me knows that. I build them. I put things together that I can't buy but have the plans for. I read just about anything that has a train in it just to stay on top of things. Others might not keep up with things. Especially Engadget and their "reporters"...

Here's what they had to say:

We haven’t looked at model train tech since we were, like, tweeners hangin’ out cool fraggin’ up the 7-11. But UK-based Hornby is about to bring the pain to apple-pie-and-freedom-fries Lionel as they take the ol’ HO and turn her out digital. The new train sets feature a Digital Command Center which will allow punters individual control of up to 255 different trains and up to 250 accessories including lights, switches, turntables and hopefully drunken boxcar ridin’ beatniks reading poetry. The control units will sell individually for about $100 with three complete train sets rolling out this Xmas ranging in price from $230 to about $400 -- giving you all yet another chance to show us your “O” face.

First off, who the hell wrote this? They obviously don't have any idea how to write using the English language, or any other proper language. If you can't write something, don't write anything, especially if it's causing me this much pain to try to translate it into something I can understand. I've translated Beowulf, Chaucer, Shakespeare. They were easy compared to this garbled scripture.

Second, what rock was this writer hiding under? Digital trains have been around for more than a decade. I can go to my local hobby store (which doesn't have much to offer) and get a locomotive with a digital receiver inside. Already installed. No soldering required. I could probably get him to order a locomotive with the receiver and get the one with the onboard sound system. This isn't new.

Someone had a slow news day. Maybe next week they'll announce a new invention that will allow you to talk to someone after dialing seven digits and holding a handset next to your head.

Fraggin' up the 7-11? Go back to school. Engadget, gone. Digg, welcome to the sidebar.

Comments

Popular Posts