But I don't want to pick up Shakira

Yahoo Mail has been really slow since they started advertising their music service. And Shakira looks like she just pulled her head out of a feedbag full of coke. And no, not Coca Cola.

On to the reviews.

Saw 2 *****
- if you ever wonder what happens to an 80's boy band member years later, they get fat and lose some of their hair and swear in movies like this. Donnie Wahlberg plays the lead in the surprisingly decent sequel to Saw. I loved Saw and thought it was a well written, well played out film. When I heard they were doing a sequel, I was worried that they'd put out a piece of crap. But Saw 2 not only holds its own against its predecessor, it does a better job. The first film, as good as it was, had a lot of dead spots. This film removes the dead spots and keeps the action going from start to finish. The only complaint I have is that there should have been more puzzles and traps in the film. I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but more traps would have made the film that much better. Tobin Bell makes this film. Without him, I don't think I'd be interested as much.

House of Wax ****
- I'll admit I wasn't looking forward to this one. I'm no fan of Paris Hilton, and had read some pretty bad reviews of this film. But it did surprise me as to how good it was. I'm not really a fan of remakes, but this one was better than most (ie. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Psycho). The extras on the DVD are worth watching, especially if you're not a fan of CGI special effects.

Destroy All Humans ****
- And here I thought this game would be stupid. Well, it is. But it is so much fun that I have to recommend it. Imagine Grand Theft Auto with a spaceship. There are way too many cutscenes in the first level, but almost all of them are for training purposes. And yes, there is an anal probe. If you look hard enough, you can pick it up for a good price.

Half Life 2 *****
- there are some who will tell you that Halo is the one game everyone should buy an XBox so they can play it. Now, those who don't have an XBox have another reason to buy one. Half Life 2, the sequel to the ultracool PC game, has come to XBox and it is one of the best games I have ever had the chance to play. The graphics are beautiful (although I don't buy games based on graphics), the sound is incredible, but the real test of any game is the gameplay. And Half Life 2 is one of the best games as far as controls are concerned. No strange fly-away camera like you'll find in most FPS games. The story is superb, and the weapon choices are incredible. From the original Black Mesa crowbar to the Gravity Gun (or the Zero Point Field Cannon), you'll be hard pressed to find any weapons disappointing you. Quite possibly the best game on the XBox.

Quite possibly the best game ever made. Hopefully, there will be an expansion pack or three.

Comments

Strangely enough...

Yes, they have.

Half Life 2 is the first game in a long time (the last one to have this kind of effect was Guardian Legend for the NES) that was able to affect my dreams.

Damn giant antlion.

Popular Posts