what's back? Oh, hockey...what's that?

Seems a deal came through after 300+ days of sitting around pretending to negotiate. So, the owners got what they wanted, which was to cut player payroll down to something more manageable. And players...well, they'll have to suffer with a lot less money.

But who cares? Not me.

As much as I love the game, I don't think I'm going to watch any games this coming season. I've found better things to do with my time than sit in front of a television to watch a bunch of overpaid men slap around a little black puck. I'm tired of seeing guys with little talent being paid huge money just so they can beat up guys on the other team, and maybe score a goal or two in a season. I'm tired of hearing about how hard it is having to travel all over North America and only make what they're making. And I'm tired of owners complaining about how they're losing money.

Little hint, guys. We make less than you do. We work more days than you do.

And we know if you're spending more than you're making, you're not very good in business.

In other news, someone didn't like my comment about the London Bombings and Karl Rove. He thought that it made the left look stupid. Well, let's look at this...

FACT: Karl Rove hasn't been front page news since the bombings.
FACT: Karl Rove hasn't been in the mainstream media since the bombings.
FACT: Karl Rove hasn't been fired, disciplined, or warned since the bombings.

Prove me wrong.

Comments

Well, I haven't seen any pictures of him on front pages. But then again, I'm in the boonies.

I'll keep my tinfoil hat. Goes well with my snakeskin glasses and flypaper shoes.

Popular Posts