What's a shovel to the face feel like?

I'd really love to know the answer to that question.

Simply because, it nearly happened to me yesterday.

And not just any shovel. One that has tracks on the bottom and a man with controls inside.

Here's the situation...I'm riding along McKeown Avenue in front of the government building. There's some roadside construction going on. They have pylons on the road for vehicles to have a minimum safe distance from the equipment. So, I'm going past the pylons and the guy in the crane swings around and just misses taking the top of my head off. No apology, no stopping to see if I was okay. He just kept on going.

Now, if I rode my bicycle and hit somebody, I'm going to end up in a heap of trouble. This guy could have decapitated me and it didn't even faze him.

If you're doing an office job, go ahead and have a nap once in a while.
If you're doing a dangerous job with heavy equipment, have some coffee and stay the f@#* awake.

Comments

Popular Posts