why children's television is no good today

There are a lot of people I know who criticize video games. They claim that video games are too violent and cause children to become lazy and obese. But I think they are a lot better off playing video games. When you see what children are watching on television, it's no wonder I let mine play video games. Has it become so difficult in the last ten years to write something for children? I've seen so many badly written ideas that I'm convinced there are no writers in Hollywood anymore. The whole "edutainment" concept forced on cartoon makers is stupid, as far as I'm concerned. I'm an educator, and I don't think cartoon television is any way to become educated. That whole "the more you know" line that they tack on the end of some lame cartoon is often worse than the lessons children learn during recess out in the schoolyard.

If you are going to put on a show to entertain and educate, this is the way to do it.

click here

If Jim Henson were still alive, he'd probably hate SpongeBob. And every other Nickelodeon program. And Barney.

Comments

Popular Posts