small parts = big headache...

The Railflyer Model Prototypes SD40-2W electrical cabinet was on the agenda for tonight's spot of building. I didn't finish it. I spent more time on the floor looking for tiny pieces that would suddenly jump off the workbench and disappear. Fortunately, I was able to find every piece.

As I've stated before, the Railflyer parts are amazing. The problem with them is that they are designed with such close tolerances that one bend that isn't quite 90 degrees, or one tiny piece of brass isn't quite glued right...and it's not going to go together well. Most of the cabinet has gone together well. Right now, my biggest problems are the etched step and how its going to fit into the space provided, and how I'm supposed to put this part between the cab and the blower housing. There's no room for it to fit in there, which makes me wonder if I've done something wrong or if the model doesn't have the right measurements.

Must get better lighting for the workshop. And a stool to sit on.

Comments

Popular Posts