gone, but not...

I've become fascinated by abandoned spaces. Buildings that were built for some purpose that are now sitting empty because they're no longer necessary are something I find very intriguing.

Especially amusement parks. I have seen pictures of Japanese and American amusement parks that are no longer in use. Seeing the trees growing up through the tracks on a roller coaster, the dilapidated buildings ready to fall over, and the rust building up and falling off of anything made of steel just makes my brain work overtime.

Makes me wonder what I'd do if I had the money to buy one of these places...

One such building, the Milton Consumers Glass plant, was recently demolished. Or, should I say, recently was supposed to be demolished. The demolition team planted the explosives, the implosion happened, and the building fell over. Well, part of the way. I guess Milton has a leaning tower in town. I've seen pictures of the inside of the plant taken by someone who wasn't supposed to be in there. Looked like an interesting place. I'm guessing he's not returning anytime soon.

I wonder what's around here that's abandoned...

Comments

Popular Posts