service with a smile

Joe Pesci once did a rant in a Lethal Weapon movie about drive thru restaurant service. Let's just sum it up as "service at the drive thru isn't very good..." There's a Harvey's here in town that has a Toonie Tuesday promotion. You buy a burger and fries for $2.00. Not too shabby.

We ordered six of them through the drive thru.

We got six hamburgers. But only five fries.

So, I went into the restaurant and stood in line for three minutes. As it was a busy night, I didn't move at all. I went over to the area where the drive thru window is and waited there. The manager spotted me and said, "I sure hope someone is looking after you," to which I replied, "Not at the moment." He asked what my issue was, and I told him.

He walked over to the heat rack and grabbed a little box of fries. On his way back to me, he turned around, went back to the heat rack and grabbed a box of onion rings. He handed them both to me and said, "Here's your fries, and this is for your trouble."

I didn't ask for anything extra.
He didn't need to give anything extra.

But he did. He's got my business.

I have been in more expensive restaurants where I have been treated like I don't belong there.
I have been in fast food restaurants where they've treated me poorly. Or had horrible service.

When you do your best to earn my business, you have my business.

Comments

Popular Posts