Don't call us....

I am, by nature, a loyal person. If you're my friend, I'll stick by you until I'm given a reason not to. I'm a loyal customer. I'll buy from one place unless they don't have it in stock or they give me a reason not to shop there.

I get my phone, long distance, and internet from company X. Company X is well known in Canada for providing such services. As part of an agreement with company X, I get all these services bundled for a lower price. As their part of the agreement, should I drop any one of those services, I would break my part of the contract and would be subject to a $200 penalty. Fair enough. And, I'm a loyal customer of company X. They have given me excellent service.

So, the other night, someone calls me up from company Y. I've never heard of company Y in my life. This person tells me that I could change my service to company Y and pay 4.7 cents per minute for long distance.

I say no deal. His response:

"Sir, what is holding you back?"

So, I tell him I'm a loyal customer with Bell, and that I'm under contract with them.

Six times I had to tell him this (three is the industry standard for when the call should end), with him giving me that same response. Then he wanted me to put my wife on so that he could convince her to sign up. Fat chance, pal.

At the end of the call, after annoying me for ten minutes, he asks if he can call back tomorrow.

No.

He wasn't too thrilled. But I could care less.

I'm tired of people phoning me to tell me that what I have sucks, and what they're selling will solve all my problems for me. Don't call me any more. I'm not interested in what you've got.

Comments

Popular Posts