I've become a million miles away.

It has been a long while since I last posted here on the blog.  Part of that was that I had other things to do, and part of that was because I couldn't remember how to get on here or what e-mail account this blog was connected to.  I had to fire up an old computer just to figure that part out.

During the summer, we had the Parry Sound 33 fire happening only ten kilometres from our house.  It was not a fun time for anyone here and it made me realize that I needed to start getting things done.  So, out came the tools and decals and a few projects that had been sitting finally got closer to completion.

Both of these locomotives started off as Blue Box Athearn SD40-2 units, the original ones with the pins on the chassis to hold the shell on.  They have parts from Cannon, Detail Associates, Details West, Plano, Railflyer, and Tichy.  Paint is by Italeri, with Guards Red being a near perfect match for CN Red Orange.  Decals are by Microscale.


CN 5319 was supposed to be CN 5329, but due to Railflyer Model Prototypes going out of business with a few parts that were necessary, I changed out the number.  Not a problem, as I think the CN North America scheme actually looks really good on an SD40-2W.  I still have some weathering to do, handrails to bend and paint, and a chassis to power, but this one is very nearly done.


This warrior is CN 5245, done up in the classic Sargeant Stripes livery.  This locomotive is going to get a substantial weathering job before I can call it finished.  It also needs handrails and a powered chassis in order to get rolling.


A top view with those beautiful Cannon fans.  The green tape on the back porch of each unit was just to remind me of where to epoxy the brake stands.  

Not pictured but nearly completed is former CN SW1200RS 1359, decorated for Southern Ontario Railink.  It features an Athearn SW7 chassis with flexicoil trucks donated from another switcher.  The body is a Proto 2000 body I picked up online.  I will update the blog when the paint and decals are completed.  Just needs the Railink logos, which arrived from tmrdistributing.com just last week. 

I'm hoping this time to keep on top of things so that I can continually update the blog with what's going on. 



Comments

Popular Posts