The movies of 2007 I did not see...but want to see

2007 was a good year for movies, but there were some disappointments. While some films met or exceeded expectations (Transformers would be the one that truly exceeded them), others that should have been better fell far short of the mark (Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Caribbean 3).

And then there were the films, that for one reason or another, I didn't get to see. Here's my list of the films I want to see from 2007:

Eastern Promises
- this looks very cool...almost like a stylish gangster film.
Superbad
- yes, it looks stupid...and sometimes that's what I need. And it's got McLovin...what more could you want.
No Country for Old Men
- I'm no fan of the Coen brothers, but this looks like a good film.
Shoot 'Em Up
- C'mon...Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti shoot at each other.
Saw IV
- simply because I've seen the first three, and I have to see this one.
The Golden Compass
- it looks spectacular, but it's not doing the best box office.
Beowulf
- it has the same style as 300...maybe it has a decent story as well.
Pu 239: The Half Life of Timofey Berezin
- my brother recommended this one, and now I'm trying to find it. Sounds like an excellent story.
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
- as a history buff, I want to see this film. I have heard that it is a great retelling of the story from the killer's point of view.
Shake Hands with the Devil
- I want to see this one because I have heard the story of Romeo Dallaire and his mission in Rwanda, and because the acting and setting are said to be incredible. It's the one film I truly wish I had seen in a theatre.

2007 was a weird year for some films. Can anyone explain to me how a rolling turd like Wild Hogs managed to make more money than Knocked Up, American Gangster, Superbad, and Live Free or Die Hard? Or how the worst movie of the year, Epic Movie, made more money than Smokin' Aces, Zodiac, Grindhouse, and Sicko? Are audiences really that stupid?

Wait. Alvin and the Chipmunks came in second last weekend.

They are.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well written article.

Popular Posts