wii won't be getting a revolution

but we will be getting a Wii.

I can't stand the name. I've tried to understand why Nintendo changed the name from Revolution to Wii. The internet was flooded with jokes about the name. It boggled my mind.

And then, it hit me.

Nintendo has said all along it's not about the graphics. It's not about the horsepower.

So, maybe, it's not about the name, either.

What matters are the games, and from what I've seen from E3, Nintendo has some good stuff coming. I don't care much for the giant head sports games they've shown, but Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 look great. Same with Red Steel. That looks like a killer launch title.

I may still end up getting an XBox360. Seeing Oblivion at EBGames was a real treat a few weeks back, and it's still early in the life of the machine. Games tend to get better as the machine is out there a while.

I'm not getting a PS3. They can make all the claims and promises they want, but I'm not buying. Not at $650. Not at any price. I know too many people who have had too many problems. Disc read errors, overheating, motors burning out, collecting lots of dust...the list goes on.

The XBox and Gamecube have been good to me. Their next generation machines will hopefully be as good to me.

Comments

yeah, but it's gotta be better than tilt and tumble on the Sony stick. And no rumble there, either.

I'm sure they'll work out any kinks.

I hope they do.

Popular Posts