time

If I were to find a magic lamp on a beach and I rubbed it and a genie came out and instead of the usual offer of "I grant you three wishes.", he offered me more money or more time...

I'd choose more time. Not much thought needed there.

But which would you choose.

There was an episode of The Twilight Zone where a man used his money to buy time from other people, and then used his time to get back some of the money. Great show, by the way.

I've never had much money in my life. And I seem to spend a lot of my time trying to make money. Having more time would mean more time to do the things I'd like to do. Having more money would mean being able to buy the things I want. But do those "things" really matter in the long run? Do they truly make a person as happy as the memories of an event?

Just a thought...happens a lot in a house full of drywall still to be put up. Think about it...

In memory of Dave Lisabeth, CN Rail employee and model railroader,
who lost his life on the job on November 22, 2006. I never got the
chance to meet the man in person, but he was always helpful to everyone
who asked his opinion over the years on several train forums.

Comments

Popular Posts