the tortoise and the scorpion

One day, a scorpion was out looking for food. He approached a river and was upset that he could not cross. Immediately, he spied a tortoise about to enter the water. He called out, "Mr. Tortoise, could you allow me to ride across the river on your back?" The tortoise replied, "You are a scorpion, and you will try to kill me with your stinger." The scorpion then said, "But I won't sting you, because if I should then you will drown and take me with you."

The tortoise thought about it, and then said, "Alright, I can take you across the river." The scorpion climbed on his back and the two set off across the river.

About half way across the river, the tortoise looked over its shoulder and noticed the scorpion raising its stinger. The tortoise rolled over and the scorpion fell into the water. The scorpion said, "How did you know I was going to sting you?"

The tortoise replied to the drowning scorpion, "Dumbass, I heard how this story ends on CSI!"

Comments

Popular Posts