lost and found


Went for a walk in Parry Sound yesterday. I found the street I was looking for, but did not find the location of a building I found in a job advertisement. So, I kept walking. And walking.

And then, I was lost. It doesn't take long for someone to get lost in a place they've never walked through before. But it did happen to me. But, instead of panicking or asking for help, I did what I knew was right.

I kept walking.

And eventually, I ended up back where I started. All without retracing my steps. I now know where I'm going in Parry Sound if I go down certain streets.

It's a nice little town. The people appear to be very friendly. Tons of train activity, too, which makes me happy. Except when they wake me up in the middle of my afternoon van nap. Man, that horn was loud!

I don't think I miss North Bay at all.

Okay, I miss being ten minutes from a Tim Horton's.
I miss being a bike ride from a hobby store.
I miss being able to get a Coke at a corner store.

Oh well. Have to get used to that, I guess.Posted by Picasa

Comments

If you want it badly enough, you'll get back there eventually.

Popular Posts