Victims, aren't we all?

I'm annoyed.

In my most recent post, I said that I had received a nice CP Rail newsprint boxcar, but that the company that makes and distributes the cars (Walthers) gave them the wrong number, the wrong paint, and the addition of an incorrect black stripe along the side sill.  All these things I can fix with a little airbrushing, decals, and some graffiti.  Not going to be a problem.

But then I went looking through my collection.  I found the CN newsprint boxcar I had bought years ago when the company that sold them was Hobbycraft Canada, a division of Life-Like.  Being a Canadian company, I was fairly certain that CN 400530 would be a correct number.

No.  It isn't.  CN does own several plug door newsprint boxcars, but they're in a different series.  400530 is part of the CNIS (CN International Service) group of newsprint cars.  So, either I'm going to have to renumber the car, or letter it for CNIS.  But, either way, I shouldn't have to.  This car cost some money, and I now have to work to make it right.

Speaking of making it right (and no, Mike Holmes, I'm not trying to rip you off), I was going through the rest of my collection to find out what is numbered correctly and what will need help.  I found an Ontario Northland boxcar that I had painted when I was younger.  Not painted well, mind you...the yellow looks like someone ate yellow paint and threw up on the end of the cars, and the blue...well, it doesn't look right.  The numbering is also wrong (my fault this time).  Luckily, I'm a bit of a pack rat and I kept parts of the original decals (which are difficult to find anymore) and I will be able to renumber the car.  I'll also be replacing the door and fixing the paint while I'm at it.  And the nice part is...no graffiti will need to grace this car.  Rust...yes.  Dings and dents...yes.  But no graffiti.  For now...

I don't think one train car in my collection is going to escape my wrath.  Curse you, internet!

Bwahahahaha! 

Comments

Popular Posts